Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dream 14: In a Hotel

11/25/10

“Well, wait up for me?” My few friends already had their coats on, it was early Spring. We were ready to leave the hotel, but I realized that I first needed to take a shower.

“Sure.” They zip up, I watched them walk towards the station wagon in the dirt parking lot, and returned to the room. It was rather luxurious, lots of polished brass and white marble, and the sleeping quarters were open with large windows facing the late morning sun.

I enter the shower – multiple large heads, brass; stone tile surface; glass doors – then exit after some time…I realized that was still in my dress clothes, which were now soaked through. A minor inconvenience, no matter. Peeling off my brown silk pants, striped blue cotton shirt,  tan socks, I perceived people moving around in my bathroom…lots of them! Bodies large and small...colorful, or maybe just colors; But I turned my head in terror and there was nothing! Only, an empty bathroom, disheveled, much larger than it needed to be and full of furniture and clothing. The running shower sprayed SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to my apparent solitude.

Despite the unlikelihood, I was certain I saw something, more than just suspicious. So to assuage my curiosity, I begin to casually pace between the bathroom and bedroom, actually pretending to the nobody in the suite that I wasn’t looking for them. I kept my eyes either fixed directly in front of me or locked on the steam-filled shower, carefully tip-toeing and making no sounds, ears perked and pupils wide. Again, flashes of colors and limbs in my periphery, so I break my mock trance and spin around, to a room full of life-size cartoon people: two dimensional, bold-outlined, colored-in-the-lines, four-fingered, wild-haired, empty-eyed cartoon people.

Not breaking stride, the flock of specters continued to mill around the bathroom, just all staring at me. Their faces displayed some curiosity, and even impishness, while mine probably just exhibited terror. I couldn’t even find words, just stood in the threshold between the two rooms and watched as they watched me for a few moments. I think I got the hell out of there quick, leaving the shower running and my wet clothes dripping over the rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment