Friday, May 29, 2015

Poem

Bleak in the underground

Breathing uncirculated air,
 the musty aspiration of the 
 garbage-soaked rail ties,
 an entombing experience

The tenacious wait,
 sinking into the suck of
 the moldy platform, dirty
 to its foundation, and falling
 asleep standing up when it
 gets too heavy 

Ahhhhhhh here comes my train

Reading over someone's shoulder,
 spying my little eye,
 invading, I read the 
 inscription

     RELIEF FROM THE
     WICKED INFLUENCE OF
     SATAN IS NEAR

In this city, you never know.
 The spirit of SATAN may be upon us,
 down here with with the rats,
 but as long as he doesn't bother me, and I get
 to where I'm going, he can ride right along.

And I'll pretend not to notice anyone,
 and they'll pretend not to notice me, 
 and everyone is safe

No comments:

Post a Comment