Sunday, October 17, 2010

Art for the World

I will be posting my first "idea" later tomorrow, but to preface this I'd like to elaborate on my intent for this blog.

There are many ways to interpret a situation, and likewise there are many ways to present a situation...or an idea. I'd like to see any one of my ideas/concepts/themes visited (not by me, but by real, artists who have the time and talent)...visited by a variety (multitude) of different artists, each of whom will approach the project from a different angle, and produce a unique, organic work. Undoubtedly, no two executions of the same concept will be alike, and thus the artistic world will be doubly, or triply, quadruply, etc. enriched if a single idea spawns itself into a family.

I do not even require that anyone rigidly follow the structure I establish in my creative musings. They can do whatever they want, obviously. But I hope that at least one person reading this will attempt to espouse my vision in its completeness, following the criteria I apply. That person, I acknowledge, will have to fully agree with and be invested in this vision, lest the final product lack luster.

Because I am not an artist, I cannot speak from experience. But I imagine that at times, one lacks inspiration or creativity. Use this blog as a resource, even a hurdle. Anyone can use these ideas n times over, and by doing so we will be contributing to the great, universal body of art that is of infinite dimension and always expanding.

If someone does use an idea I post here on this blog, please feel free to connect with me via email, or this blog itself, with information about where one can view this art. Send me pictures, links to websites, gallery exhibition information, and I'll post it, thus promoting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment